Reading Response

     One of my favorite book's I have ever read was the Selection. This book is mainly about America Singer. Who is chosen along with thirty-five other girls to compete for Maxon Schreave's heart, and the crown of the kingdom. Even though this may sound romantically adventurous, it isn't for America. America is a five in Illea, and being a five in Illea means that your job status would be a musician and your mostly poor. America rather stay with her family and her boyfriend Aspen (who is a six), than competing in the selection. This reason is because she is madly in love with Aspen. Though Aspen encourages her to compete. Therefore her family can get finically better. So America competes in the selection. During her time there she slowly becomes more attracted to Maxon. Then she finds herself confounded between Maxon and Aspen's love for her. 
     I decided to read the Selection, after all my friends recommended it to me. At first I didn't want to read this book, because I have always find myself more attracted to historical fiction books. Though when I opened up the book to the first page, it had drawn me in. What I had realized of The Selection, was that it was somewhat similar to the bachelorette. You have thirty-five girls, and you pick one to be your wife and the queen of the kingdom. That was what made me connect those two together. Throughout this book it was a roller coaster for me. There are girls competing for the one spot. Though with that comes sabotage. Many times I felt angry of what the other competitors would do to sabotage other girls. This book also made me surprised. There were many times in this book where the competitors would be eliminated, and those who were surprised me. This book is great for anyone who is interested in romance but with a twist.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hurricane Katrina

Lord of the Flies

Research Post