The Ram Setu

     This summer my family and I got to travel to many places in South India. My favorite place in South India was Rameshwaram. Rameshwaram is known for being a very old and religious city in India. When I traveled there I got to go see a very old bridge called the Ram Setu Bridge. This bridge is about 1.7 million years old, but it does still stand today just not visible for one to see. Which can be seen on through the satellite by NASA.The Ram Setu connects India to Sri Lanka. The story of this bridge begins, when Ravana a demon king kidnapped Sita the wife of Rama. Rama is a very important god in the Hinduism religion. When Ravana had taken his wife.  Rama had asked for help from Hanuman. Hanuman begin building this bridge to get Sita, who was kept in Sri Lanka. When the bridge was done, Rama crossed the bridge.  He had then defeated Ravana, and gotten back his wife.
      The most interesting part of this whole trip was a floating rock! The floating rock was what Hanuman had built the bridge from.  In fact, I got to see the last floating rock that hasn't been destroyed yet. Seeing this rock floating in the water was amazing! I had gotten to see a piece of a history from my adventures in South India!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hurricane Katrina

Lord of the Flies

Research Post