#399 How has traveling affected you?

     Traveling is something that my family has been doing for the longest time. Before my brother and I were born, my parents would travel the world and go to many places, and as we both were born we got to do the same. Every summer vacation we always go somewhere new, somewhere different. There has never been a summer vacation where we haven't traveled outside the country. Traveling is a worthwhile experience, which everyone should try.  My parents take us to many places because they want us to be cultivated in other people's cultures. They also take us traveling to learn how to respect one's culture. In a world where diversity is big, it should be considered to know and respect people's culture.

     Now the big question, how has traveling affected me? Traveling has affected me in many ways, physically and mentally. It has affected me in an emotionally way, for an example, is when I went to India and saw the environment of a family. An environment, where there is a lack of water and food. This affected me in an emotional way because I realized that what I use every day, is a struggle for people in other parts of the world to have. Though traveling has also affected me in a positive way, such as when I went to Bali, Indonesia. I went to a Balinese palace and met many great people who were excited to educate us on their long-lasting palace. That affected me in an emotional way because I was happy that the people of Indonesia were kind enough to welcome and help educate us on the culture of the Balinese people. Traveling also has affected me in a physical way as well. Such as when my family went to Santorini, Greece. Santorini is known for its beautiful blue domed churches in Oia and its beautiful sunsets. Though it was physically hard for us to find a blue-domed church and to watch the sunset. My family and I probably walked five to seven miles that day searching in the allies of Oia to find the ionic blue domed churches. It also was physically hard to get to watch the beautiful sunset of Oia, since we had to walk up hundreds of staircases just to reach the perfect point to watch it. Though, it was all worth it in the end. Traveling is something I love to do, it makes me feel at peace and happy. I can not wait for my next destination this summer, to a continent I haven't been to before, Africa!

Comments

  1. My family and I also travel over the summer to different places. I agree that traveling can make you aware of the places around and you can learn a lot from traveling. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I liked the examples of the places you've been. I agree that people in some countries have greater struggles than us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hurricane Katrina

Lord of the Flies

Research Post