Strengths and Challenges

     My strengths as a writer would be describing a scene or adding vivid details to a scene. I try my hardest to describe a scene by adding details, that would make you feel that you are there. I try to add details where you can imagine what you see, think, smell, taste, touch, and much more. I believe I have developed this strength over time, and especially flourished in being better this year. An example of great details used would be in the papers I wrote this year: personal narrative, literary analysis, and the research paper. Such as, in my research paper, I added details about what Queen Hatshepsut would have worn and why, the details I added to the paper, could make you well aware of  how the Queen looked like.

     The challenges that I have faced and still need to work on is my grammar. I have always had a problem with enhancing my word choices, comma splits and having a passive voice misuse. I try to work on these issues when I am writing. Some ways I try to improve is by reading my writing out loud. By doing this you can make sure you catch mistakes. I also use Grammarly, which is a great way to find your errors in grammar and much more. These areas of my challenges and strengths are important because they are important aspects of a paper. For instance, details make you paper feel "alive," and of course grammar is important because it makes your paper grammatically correct. In the future, I hope to advance my skills in both of these areas throughout my high school career. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hurricane Katrina

Lord of the Flies

Research Post